My Full Timing RV Adventures

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

My Next Home

It's been a crazy 1.5 weeks! I got word that my trailer had been delivered to the dealer in Iowa. So I packed up and started my whirlwind journey. With what's going on with the virus I wanted to get there and back asap. The trip was 3000+ miles round trip and I went through 5 states. I did the drive there in 3 days.
Here are some observations I made during this trip......

All states have terrible roads!
My truck navigation was displaying the wrong speed limits (truck 75, road signs 80)
My truck navigation wanted me to take some very strange routes off the highway (not sure why), I ignored them.
The further east you go the cheaper the fuel is, paid $2.24 for diesel.
It's business as usual in all the areas I went through, I don't get it.
Iowa Governor stated, - I recommend you all stay home but I am not going to order it at this time since we don't have very many cases here - What?? So wait until there are a lot of cases then put the order out? SMH!!
Most rest stops in Nevada were closed.
Rest stops in Iowa are not only plentiful but they have wifi!
Utah was the most scenic state
Nebraska was the most boring state scenery wise

Anyway the trip out was uneventful until my second day when I left the hotel and drove right into a snow storm, it was white knuckle for a while, I just hung with the truckers.....


This picture is for Gary and Mark - passing through Kearny which they pronounce carne lol!

I finally got there and picked up my trailer. I stayed in a park there for a few days....

This trailer is great, I love it!! It has great features. It feels like a home and is very comfortable.




After a few days I left to make the 4 day journey home. Ran into a few more snow storms and rain storms. I was starting to feel like a storm chaser!


Truck/trailer were filthy from the snow storms

This picture is for Rick - passed through Kemmerer Wy!

I stayed in an RV park one night, it was right on a lake, nobody else there, it was nice.

I also stopped at the Bonneville Salt Flats, really cool!

All in all a good trip, oh except for the head wind ALL the way back! Cost a fortune in fuel.

So now I am stuck here for who knows how long. Or when I will be able to sell the house. Unfortunately my full timing plans may be on hold for a while.
Stay tuned........

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations and good luck. Definitely brought enough truck👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy, its Earl and Susan. Love your new trailer! Very nice! This crisis will pass and you be able to "road dog". Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dam girl, just stay put till this whole thing blows over. You dont need to be chasing anymore storms. Love your new digs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your sense of adventure! Greta looking home, I look forward to reading about your continued adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new home is beautiful! I love seeing pictures of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can’t wait to see your new adventure pictures good luck with everything your new home is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go, gal! That's a beautiful home on wheels. Can hardly wait to see new pictures and stories. For now, hang in there and stay put until this crazy time is over. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete